Friday, July 8, 2011

Khalid Henderson commits to Tennessee

Tennessee picked up its third verbal commitment for the class of 2012 on Wedensday when 6-foot-1, 210-pund linebacker Khalid Henderson committed to the Vols.

Henderson, from Pebblebrook High School in Mableton, GA, led is a three-year starter and led his team in tackles this past season.

“Coach Dooley was a little surprised when I committed,” Henderson told the AJC, who considers him one of Atlanta’s best kept secrets. “It was like he didn’t want to put pressure of me to commit. He asked me ‘What other camps do you plan on attending this summer?’ I told him probably Clemson, Georgia Tech and some others; Then I said ‘Coach, you don’t have to worry about that because you’ve got a Volunteer with me.’ He was really excited to hear that, congratulated me, and welcomed me to the Tennessee family.”

According to ESPN, Henderson registered an electronically-timed 4.69 40 and a 31.6-inch vertical at the Atlanta Nike Combine after his sophomore year.

The talented prospect was very impressive at a recent Tennessee camp and Derek Dooley obviously took notice.

Henderson has a total of 13 offers and joins Imani Cross and Corey Smith as current Tennessee commits.

No comments:

Getting to the Game

Whenever I need Tennessee Volunteers football tickets, I find myself at Front Row King, a great place for cheap college football tickets!