Monday, May 12, 2008

The Future

No, that is not a Kelly Washington reference. Alright, it seems some change will be taking place here at UT Vols Football in the upcoming weeks. We start out with the Top Vol Blog Awards rolling out Thursday, May 15th. As for change to the site, we will reveal a new header for the site, made by the very talented Sabanocchio. We're also thinking about making the switch to Wordpress, which is another blog network that seems to have more functions and a better setup for a growing blog like ours. Relating it to the Top Vol Blog awards, 5 of the 6 are run in Wordpress. We'd like to hear your feedback on this, either in the comments section or by email at volsfootball5@yahoo.com. You could help in making this decision easier and where we want to go as a site.

4 comments:

lawvol said...

I've tried several different blog platforms, and -- IMHO -- Wordpress is the only way to go for the average blogger. That's what I use at Gate 21. Of course, having been on Wordpress for a while now, I'm probably biased.

I just helped Moon Dog make the switch, so he'd be a good person to ask, from the perspective of a recent convert.

MoonDog said...

I'm sold on WordPress. I'm still learning it but LawVol gave me a great tutorial to use and over time, even someone as completely hopeless as me will be able to figure it out.

The old blogging platform I used barely got me noticed. With WP, it serves the blogger. It gets your name out there with the search engines and feed readers, and other sites like Technorati.

I highly recommend it. If you need any help - - ask LawVol!! - - he's got it all figured out.

Sports Fan said...

Thanks for the input guys.
I know who to go to now.

Mr.galle said...

Hello, this site is nice!!
I already link to this page.
If you don't mind. Please link to my blog this URL
http://sportmultiple3.blogspot.com/

Getting to the Game

Whenever I need Tennessee Volunteers football tickets, I find myself at Front Row King, a great place for cheap college football tickets!