Sunday, April 6, 2008

Stokes Commits to Tennessee

The Vols picked up their first commit today in Je'Ron Stokes. Stokes is a Rivals100 wide receiver and top 5 at his position nationally according to Scout.com. Stokes took two trips to Knoxville before a verbal commitment with Coach Fulmer. He is considered the nation's best slot receiver and is all Vol: "I am Tennessee all the way. Like I said it's the best place for me." The four star receiver (according to rivals.com) is out of Philadelphia's Northeast High School. Stokes is 6'1", 178 lbs and runs a forty in 4.44 seconds. Stokes said: "I have a will to win. I have good speed and run good routes. I'm a student of the game and am always working on my game. I have great hands and can catch anything." In his junior year at Northeast, Stokes put up 28 catches for 617 yards and six touchdowns. Stokes can bench 265 pounds, squat 425 and has a 35-inch vertical jump.

"Coach Fulmer is the man," Stokes said.

1 comment:

MoonDog said...

That's good to hear. With so many teams like Texas, USC and Oklahoma getting an early jump on the 2009 class, we need to sign some players before we're left with a bunch of three-star recruits.

I wrote a piece about Marlon Brown, a player the Vols and many others are recruiting. He is ranked as the No. 2 WR in the nation.

He's my nephew's teammate at Harding Academy. They don't start spring practice until next month. I'm going to keep tabs on him and post periodic updates.

Getting to the Game

Whenever I need Tennessee Volunteers football tickets, I find myself at Front Row King, a great place for cheap college football tickets!